Wednesday, May 16, 2012

The Frank Tank (better late then never)

So, it's been a while, but I've got a legit excuse.

 I was offered a pretty cool new gig just after I had returned to my old job from maternity leave. I had been working from home part-time at the old place, but couldn't pass up this new opportunity, so I scrambled to find some quality childcare, fired up my pump, and returned to the corporate world full-time. This is the first time I've had to leave one of my little nuggets full-time before they were a year old, and it has been a serious emotional challenge, but I'm doing my best to find balance in my life and have decided that part of that balance will include some occasional visits to HMD....because I miss y'all.

Since I am barely squeezing in the time to write this post, I realize that it is time to come to terms with the fact that the nursery, while I had big plans for its "completion" that involved diy roman shades, painting and some flea market scavenging, will need to be considered, for all intents and purposes, to be complete. So, it is with that foreword, that I present to you, the Frank Tank:


Sheets are from Dwell Studio. Bird Mobile from Bla Bla.


Lamp from Ikea, pillow from Etsy seller Robin and Mould, and fox from Bla Bla.

My painted rug! Came out kind of awesome if I do say so myself.

Sara Jane Studios print (also in love with this one)

A few more DIY's- My faux zinc letters and some homemade versions I whipped up of these prints .Smaller art pieces are greeting cards from Rifle Paper Co, and the giraffe is by Sharon Montrose.




I spared you pics of the changing table- cause it's nothing spesh- but overall, it's kind of cute. Not as cute as these guys though: 



Yes, that is a massive wound on his forehead, and no, they don't let me brush their hair. 

I'm back. 
Maybe. 
xoxo
hmd

3 comments:

  1. It's perfect! No worries about the DIY's that didn't. If you are anything like me, you would have changed it soon enough, anyway.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I’m definitely going to have to start following some of these blogs, I just recently got into reading blogs and I’m absolutely loving them so far.
    Louisville Concrete thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Always a pleasure to read.

    ReplyDelete