Monday, March 5, 2012

Lorax Love


The Lorax is one of our favorite Dr. Seuss books. I love it not only because it conceptualizes something like deforestation in a way that's easy for little minds to grasp, but also because of the classic Seuss syntax. The Lorax is chock-full of my favorite Seussisms, with ridiculous words like "Snergelly" and "miff-muffered moof"that I use quite frequently now

After watching the trailer several times daily for a few weeks now, the boys and I were chomping at the bit to see the big-screen adaptation. We went yesterday and were not disappointed. In fact, we kept the Lorax love alive by whipping up some truffula tree-inspired crafts as soon as we got home:

In honor of the Once-ler's favorite snack (according to the movie)- we snacked on marshmallows (against my better judgement). This was Max's idea.
I think the finished project came out pretty cute! Want to make your own Truffula Trees? Here's what you'll need: 

Cotton Balls
Paint & brushes- we ended up using acrylics mixed with water, but I'm sure tempura would do
Straws- paper straws would have been cuter, but Walgreens isn't that fancy. 
White cardstock 
Green construction paper

Marshmallows & fat baby optional.

No comments:

Post a Comment