Sunday, September 19, 2010

Today was a good day.

Today was one of those very rare days where I did exactly what I wanted to do, with perhaps even a few welcome surprises along the way. It all started off with a homemade vanilla latte and an unexpected delivery of fresh, multi-colored eggs over the back fence while I was pruning my roses. The boys and I headed into the kitchen immediately for some fried egg sandwiches. The day continued on like this, with the boys seemingly abducted by aliens and replaced with appreciative little angels that share and do not make messes, and full of what might be perceived by the onlooker as slightly mundane, (as I'm guessing this post will be), but to me, it just felt perfect. It just seems, at the end of a day like today, somebody, though I'm not sure who, deserves a thank you.

So, I guess I will thank Bessie and the rest of the ladies in the coop for their efforts. Breakfast is, after all, the most important meal of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment