Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Drum Roll Please

OK, I know what you all are thinking right now- that I should probably just go ahead and change the name of this blog to Haute Mama Weekly because I've really been slacking on my HMD duties. Well, the truth of the matter is, despite all of my I-need-another-kid-like-I-need-a-friggin'-hole-in-my-head talk, I am... drum-roll please...PREGNANT- 14 weeks pregnant to be exact. So deal with it. 

I know, I know, I'm all talk and I've been secretly harassing the hubs every day for the past 6 months about having another kid because apparently, I've forgotten how much I enjoy sleeping, not having E cups and traveling without a massive diaper bag. I also must have forgotten how much I do not enjoy being pregnant.

Up until recently I was on a strict diet of complex carbs only, with the occasional tub of ice cream when I could stomach it, and I'm starting to resemble a Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon version of myself. Bedtime has just recently moved from 8:30 to 9pm, which leaves me about 15 more minutes to finish up this post, and waddle into bed.

Anyways, I had been postponing this announcement post because I wanted to accompany it with a cute, early-bump photo of myself in something non-maternity and stylish, looking all glowy and excited, but the truth of the matter is, I already look like I am about six months preggs, I am in full-on elasto-gear and the thought of making myself even remotely photo-ready just exhausts me. So, instead, here is a sneak peek of what I will look like in about 4 months, just to remind us all of the amazing capabilities of the human body.

And, we're off.

No comments:

Post a Comment