Monday, July 18, 2011

Please don't stop loving me.

The above phrase is one that Ryan hears often. It's usually after I haven't washed my hair in four days, I fart really loudly in bed, or, well...you get the picture. While I must admit, all of the above has been going on quite frequently lately, my plea to you is in response to my prolonged HMD absence and the resulting fear that you will have stopped checking in, moved on with your lives and finally come to the realization that I'm not that interesting of a person- just your run-of-the-mill, greasy-haired, gas passer.

In truth, I have good reason. Number one being that I am pregnant, and this comes in handy as an excellent excuse under any and all circumstances. Rule of thumb: never expect a pregnant lady to do anything she is supposed to do, other than have indigestion and eventually give birth. On top of this significant and all-encompassing factor, I returned from a week in the sweltering 110 degree Palm Desert heat, and found myself in 64 degree yuckiness with a near debilitating head-cold, a week's worth of emails from unsympathetic clients and a five-year-old's birthday party to plan. I survived it all, but believe-you-me, it took everything I had not to collapse head-first into my bed at 9:15 tonight, so you better appreciate this flippin' post. I'm hoping some pictures might make it more worth your while, and perhaps tomorrow I will return with a less hostile perspective. kisses.


PD. Even the pool was kind of hot.

Clearly, we grew very fond of the snorkel. 

Pretending that we're not sweltering.

Twinzies.
Prepping for our random desert boat ride. 

Dr. Hud at the PD Children's Discovery Museum.
Crashing hard after a long day in the sun. 

Then....somebody turned 5! Thank you, Pump it Up, for requiring so little of me. 


Had a chance to finally use one of the Meri Meri cupcake kits- easy and cute. 

They didn't seem to miss my crafting one bit. 

Off to bed with me now. I'll be back tomorrow. I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment