Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Tribal Council

I probably don't have to tell you that the whole ethnic/tribal thing is really big right now. I've already mentioned the overwhelming presence of tribal patterns and textures in design with all of the ikats, suzanis and batik prints we're seeing, but rest-assured we can all blend seamlessly into our carpets and throw-pillows when that less-fortunate kid comes by selling magazines and peeks in the window, because the fashion world is going tribal crazy too.

I myself am going a little crazy waiting for warmer temps to arrive, so I'm really excited to freshen up my wardrobe with some colorful pieces like these, but (and this may sound familiar), I'm a little tight on my clothing budget these days. Thankfully, my friends over at F21 have me covered. Here are some of my favorite F21 dresses for spring, along with some other fun tribal-inspired jewelry finds from around the interwebs:

ethnic look 1


And, for those of you with a little extra cash in your pocket who may be opposed to a wardrobe full of practically disposable clothing, don't worry- I have some lovelies for you too:
ethnic 2
Low Luv x Erin Wasson layered gold necklace, $98

1 comment:

  1. I love this! I'm also an ikat lover and I noticed it is turning up everywhere!

    ReplyDelete