Thursday, October 28, 2010

Color me Good.

Without fail, the dawning of each new season brings with it the same devastating realization – I have nothing to wear. This Fall is no exception. Apparently, the ugly fairy came and doused my closet with some heavy sprinklings of “old” and “boring”, because all my sweaters are all nubby and everything else is just, I don’t know, blaaaaah.

Unfortunately, there is not much I am going to be able to do about it unless I also get a visit from the better-paying job fairy, the property tax fairy, and the toilet paper fairy (the men in my house have digestive issues- it adds up). Were this not the case, I would be all over this season’s color-blocking trend and would be infusing my wardrobe with some big, bold colors like these:

Madewell Silky Scoopneck Tee, $48
Anna Molinari Twill Pencil Skirt, $97
Stella & Dot Fringe Hoop Earrings, $44
Juicy Couture Brogue Duchess Bag, $398
Topshop Emerald Tights, $12
Modcloth Hours at the Library Heel, $155

and for those who can't handle a combination of chartreuse and aqua, here's something a little more subdued:
Rose to the Occasion Top, $37.99
Malene berger Gray Melange Pencil Skirt, $125
Vince Camuto Amber Suede Booties, $80
Missoni Infinity Scarf, $194
Black Tights, We love Color, $12.50
Madewell Chain Necklace, $38
DKNY Quilted leather Bag, $345

No comments:

Post a Comment