Thursday, October 14, 2010

SWF

So, I have a confession. For some time now, I've been developing an obsession with this home by interior  designer Angie Hranowsky that is bordering on unhealthy. I will be mid-spreadsheet at work and feel the sudden and uncontrollable urge to stop control-c-ing and stare at this home at least twice daily. It's just that good.

Anyways, because I am always on the look-out for some good enablers to share in my addiction, here are some pics of the living/dining area:





I have dreams that one day, when I've got the time and a little spare green, I'll get all Design-on-a-Dime on this bad boy, so I'm always on a vigilant craigslist watch for some awesome vintage, Angie Hranowsky goodness-inspired pieces. I had a few scores today. For instance, slap some neutral/graphic upholstery like this affordable lovely by Premier Fabrics (Angie used La Fiorentina by David Hicks for Lee Jofa) on this awesome  Danish arm chair being given away at $50 smacks (sure a pair would be ideal, but you're off to a good start):




Next up, I would throw a coat of black lacquer paint on this mid-century two-tone dresser and use it as a credenza:


or, my heart-be-still, THIS ONE (though it might be a pity to paint this)


So anyways, I've got a ways to go. But seriously, someone should buy this dresser. It's awesome. And, when you have some time, check out the rest of Angie's portfolio- it's even more awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment