Thursday, April 29, 2010

Going Green.....with envy (the saga continues)

source unknown

There are several things about this dining room that I absolutely L-O-V-E.... there's a good possibility I might trade my first born for the funky, yet elegant floral settee (I said might), and the shell chandelier gives me serious grabby hands. In fact, I can safely say I love almost everything about it, with the one blaring exception of the random goose rug. I just don't get it. However, the main reason I clipped this little photo and put it in my "one day, when I'm cool" folder was because I've suspected for sometime now that I absolutely must have a vintage Chinese Chippendale chair (or 2) and once I saw this photo two more things became very clear to me:

1. It must be this exact shade of green wonderfulness
2. It must have the perfect cheetah print seat

Of Course, I could just swoop up a pair from Jonathan Adler, design genius and sassy little gay potter that I've always dreamed of being besties with:


But seeing as I'm not made of solid gold, it probably won't be happening anytime soon. So I've been scouring Craigslist and eBay of late for the perfect pair and have been mostly unsuccessful, until NOW:


Tah-dah! So, they're a little more rounded at the top than I was hoping for and ideally, I would want a set of captain's chairs with arms, but the "buy it now" price for both is just $150 and I think with the perfect shade of green (I'm thinking Apple Orchard by Behr) and some snazzy cushions, they just might work.... Haven't sealed the deal yet, but I'm thinking.....Happy Mother's Day to me????

What do you think? Should I hold out for the arm chairs?

No comments:

Post a Comment