Sunday, April 4, 2010

Spring Cleaning

Mrs. Meyers is my bestie.

Despite the fact that it is absolutely raining buckets outside, the Easter holiday has me feeling as though Spring has more officially arrived. We got off to a productive start with our spring cleaning this season, with a small, but fairly successful garage sale and although we've probably only made way for more stuff to take it's place, I'm feeling like keeping up the momentum and have thus come up with a hefty list of spring cleaning "to-dos." Here are just two of the five zillion things on that list.

First order of business (especially since hubby's bday is coming up) is to do some personal spring cleaning- if you know what I mean. I had to very stealthily slip into the hot tub while in Aptos this weekend for fear that someone would catch a glimpse of my swim bottoms and think a pack of tarantulas had just hatched down there. Problem is- ever since I moved from the city, I've floundered from here to there trying to find the right spot for the job. No one has yet to match the skills of my ladies over at Bella Pelle in San Fran and I may need to make a special trip out there in the next week or so. If you live in the area, I highly recommend giving them a try- plus, they've got a prescription numbing cream available for those of you who, like me, sweat profusely at the mere thought of getting a bikini wax.

image courtesy of The Container Store

Next up, I'll be taking on the house. When I think about spring cleaning, I tend to get really overwhelmed, so I've decided that I'll start by handling one small, manageable project daily. First up will be my dresser drawers. A few years back, I invested in a Dream Drawer Organizer from the Container Store for my underwear drawer. This thing is THE BEST. Every time I start to feel like my life is spiraling out-of-control (at least once daily), I just go and take a peek at this little drawer, neatly partitioned into everyday undies, lingerie and tights, and the hope that I may one day get my act together is slightly restored. Viewed as a whole, however, it's like my dresser is completely bi-polar. On countless occasions, I survey the wreckage that is my shirt drawer and think to myself, "I really need to get this drawer on the Dream program." I'm making a trip to the Container Store tomorrow ladies. I swear to it.

Anyhoo, this is just the first installment of my Spring Cleaning agenda. Like I said- one day at a time. One day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment