Monday, April 5, 2010

Lusties and Musties

Hud the Destroyer recently put an end to my beloved Marc Jacobs Sunglasses that I scored at a consignment store. There will be no repairs, no little tiny screwdrivers to solve the problem- Hud made sure of that. I've mourned them for about 2 weeks, but I've decided to move on.

Besides, I'm all about the new cat eye that's all over and have been dying for a pair since Tom Ford did his thick-rimmed version a few years back. Alas, Tom has moved on to new styles and film direction, but I've found a new object of desire in these incredible, just cat-eye-y enough Belladonne Shades by Chloe.

LUSTY
Chloe Belladonne Cat Eye Sunglasses $295


Sadly, I vowed a few years back that I would not be spending over $100 on a pair of sunnies because I basically throw the case in the trash (metaphorically, of course) the same day I get them and I can barely see through them in just a matter of months, that is, if I haven't already lost them or one of the boys hasn't already sent them to an early grave.

Luckily for me, there are lots of fun and relatively cheap alternatives. I'm really digging this pair below by Michael Kors with an almost identical frame shape.


MUSTY!
MICHAEL Michael Kors Montrose Retro Cat Eye $85

However, this pair by Mango for just $30 reasonable little dollars is the ultimate MUSTY pair. Sold!

MUSTY!!
Mango Tort Cat Eye Sunglasses $30.77

AND, since we are on the topic of lusties and musties, I might as well throw in a few more for fun. I am pretty much obsessed with all things Rebecca Taylor, and this little tulip print cami is no exception. I want it- bad. As we all know by now, $185 for a cami just isn't happening for me these days, but I think I've found some pretty decent alternatives that might just fit the bill.



Now for the absolute musties! I am freaking out over the print on this Billabong Cami and it has some smocking in the back that probably makes for a really flattering fit. I foresee it being worn by me- often. And, I love the little lace detailing on the delicate Urban Outfitters Hemstitch Cami by Kimchi. I can only imagine how great it will look with someone whose clavicle isn't about to break through their flesh.


MUSTY!
Kimchi Blue Hemstitch cami $48

And ladies, I've saved the best for last. I've been walking into Nordies every chance I get and handling this bag inappropriately for some time now. I'm pretty sure we don't need to discuss why I will never own it.



the LUSTIEST
Chloe Large Marcie Horseshoe Hobo $1595

But- lookie here at this little gem! OK- so it's some kind of polyester synthetic and that freaks me out a little, but it looks pretty darn hot to me and I must say I love the color, and aren't we supposed to be all vegan and PETA these days anyways like Stella McCartney and Natalie Portman and stuff? I think maybe so. Plus, I could probably just hose it down when it needed a little pick me up.

MUSTY!!
Asos Pale Side Zip Slouch Bag $54.70

What do you think ladies- which is the mustiest??
ps- feel free to send me some of your lusties and I am happy to hunt for musties!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the camis! I saw the adorable floral cami at urban outfitters and was super tempted to buy - I also saw this one online and its a great alternative: http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/catalog/productdetail.jsp?itemdescription=true&itemCount=10&startValue=21&selectedProductColor=&sortby=&id=18401687&parentid=W_TOPS&sortProperties=+subCategoryPosition,+product.marketingPriority,-product.startDate&navCount=112&navAction=poppushpush&color=&pushId=W_TOPS&popId=WOMENS&prepushId=&selectedProductSize= (Im a big minkpink fan).

    I also have a lust (that I have literally been drooling over for months now - damn you Marc and your fabulous creations): http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3070343?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=marc+jacobs+handbag&origin=searchresults

    ReplyDelete