Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bird Brain

I've always had a love/hate relationship with birds. On the one hand, they're kind of like flying rats, and after living in a major metropolitan city for a few years, you'll see enough disfigured pigeons to scar you for a lifetime. And please, don't even get me started on live poultry. I live in constant fear of the huge and repulsive wild turkeys that roam around my neighborhood in gobbling packs. When I found out my neighbors were going to raise chickens, I began plotting our move immediately. Though, I have to say, I think that my little chicken friends (they have been known to venture into my yard) have actually helped me overcome my bird ickiness- just a little. Plus, the fresh eggs are a bonus.

Despite all of this, birds in the abstract, have always been much more appealing to me than the reality. Ironically, I've got quite a bevvy of bird goodies- bird jewels, bird figurines, and I'm always on the lookout for additional bird loot to add to my collection. Here are just a few of the latest bird items on my wish list:












Dwell Chinoiserie bedding, $280 as seenSFGirlbyBay

Hope everyone has a nice loooong weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment