Monday, May 31, 2010

Let's Pretend, Part 2

I had big plans for today, people. Hubs is working, but I was going to splurge on a few hours of unnecessary nanny time and go shopping by myself without any whiney, display-thrashing toddlers accompanying me. But, being the excellent mother that I am, I scheduled said nanny time during nap hours and mapped out an action-packed morning with the boys. Everything started off as planned- healthy breakfast of smoothie and fresh-from-the-chicken eggs (our neighbors are all up in 4H), the boys were piled into the double stroller for a brisk run which ended conveniently at the park, where I imagined they would tire themselves out for a peaceful walk home.

We made it all the way to the park part, when I noticed that something was up with Max because, A: he had no interest in the swings and, B: he was green. Grandma swooped us up and dropped us off at home in time for some serious barfing. Needless to say, there was no shopping trip.

So, again ladies, let's do some pretending. Let's pretend that my house does not smell like barf and Spot Shot, that I did not just eat that huge maple cookie with cream filling and that I made it to the 40% off storewide sale at Ann Taylor Loft(!!!) that I had soooo been hoping to go to. Let's also pretend, that I was a more socially responsible blogger and I let all you mamas know of the aforementioned incredible sale much sooner that 6pm of it's final day.

Anyhoo- better late than never, I guess. Loving all of their cool khaki hues:



And the slouch collar on the Ruched Waistband Jacket


Will probably be wearing these just about every weekend.


I'm smitten with the print and the sequin detail on this little pretty.

And I think it goes without explanation why I need this.

Here's to a healthier week Mamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment