Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Brought to you by the letter H.

While my blog-cation last week was pretty leisurely, the boys and I still managed to check a few things off of the to-do list. Hud's big boy room, while still a work-in-progress, got a little sprucing up by way of some side table accesorizing and a little DIY art project by your's truly.

First off, the boys and I put on our comfiest sweats and headed to Ikea for some things (which may have included a large cinammon roll that we were forced to buy because Hud licked the frosting off of it in the buffet line in front of the hair net lady with no sense of humor and then I was forced to eat the majority of it so that the boys wouldn't be all hyped out on cinammon roll while we shopped and, I mean, I couldn't just throw it away. It was a perfectly good cinammon roll).

Anyways, we snagged this lamp and of course, my favorite rug, and then headed on over to West Elm, where we encountered this handsome little squirrel book end, which, for some reason was only 3 bucks at the store. Major steal. Final stop- Aaron Brothers, where we took advantage of their amazing 1 Cent sale and swooped up a couple of large canvases onto which I would pour my creative genius (sort of). So, without further ado, inspired by the large letter "A" from my original inspiration room, I present to you, the letter H:

The hubs got roped in

Finished product ! (Wish I had some natural light, but there isn't much of that going around these days)

It doesn't take much to make this guy happy. 
I have to do something about those unsightly cords. 



Mr. Squirrel's glamour shot.

So, I know I didn't exactly re-invent the wheel here, but it felt good to take something on and follow-through and I think this will be the first of many more projects to come. Next up, on the list, a skirted console for my living room like this one. So stay tuned!

1 comment: