Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Necklace, Necklace, on the wall...



If you’re anything like me, your choice of jewelry for the day will typically depend on the amount of time you have left to get out the door, and in my case it’s usually in the negative 5-10 minute range. As such, I used to end up throwing on whatever necklace was not in a gnarled heap at the bottom of one of my several “necklace bowls.” I’ve since upgraded from the necklace bowls (now used exclusively for overflow) to one of these adorable little birch jewelry stands from Urban Outfitters.

However, when I saw this cool bathroom above by M Designs in LA, I fell in love with the idea of putting jewelry on display as décor.

You could get creative and use decorative drawer knobs. Anthropologie has a great selection of hardware to choose from- though removing the bolt in the back and replacing with something smaller could get a little This Old House and may require you to get your hands a little dirty with some bolt cutters. Or, for a more industrial look, you could try these metal Blecka hooks from Ikea. I have little-to-no wall space in my bathroom, so I'll just keep dreaming and planting my jewelry orchard.



No comments:

Post a Comment